Ready to take your yoga practice to the next level? Try one (or all) of our new monthly Yoga workshops.
In this month’s workshop we will focus on building strength and confidence in your poses by focusing on power poses, like the warrior series. We will also hold poses longer to build strength and endurance. Class will be designed around chair pose, lunges and modifications to challenge the legs and core. We will also focus on core and arm strengthening poses like planks, boat pose and crow. Modifications will be given to challenge all levels from beginner to advanced.
Yoga in the Catacombs, presented by the YMCA at the City Market and the City Market, returns for the second year.
You’ve never taken a yoga class quite like this! Join us deep in the historic City Market catacombs for an workout experience you won’t forget. Spine tingling live music will be performed. Are you brave enough to find your center while things go bump in the night? All ages and skill levels, from first time yoga participants to the brave, returning veterans from last year’s event, are welcome to Yoga in the Catacombs!
Give back while having fun
Yoga in the Catacombs raises funds for the YMCA at the City Market‘s Annual Campaign, which provides scholarships for Y memberships and programs, keeping the Y accessible to all, regardless of income or financial circumstances. $22 out of every $30 ticket sold will go back to the Y’s Annual Campaign. Last year, the event raised over $3,000. Help us double the amount raised to $6,000 this year!
GET YOUR TICKETS! – CLICK ON A SESSION TIME BELOW
The cost for the one-hour yoga session and 20-minute historical tour of the City Market catacombs is $30.
- Tickets for Session 1: 5:30 -6:50 p.m.
- Tickets for Session 2: 7:00 – 8:20 p.m.
- Tickets for Session 3: 8:30 – 9:50 p.m.
$30/session (includes a 1 hour yoga session and 20 minute historical tour of the City Market catacombs)
What you need to know
- What are the floor conditions in the catacombs? The catacombs have an all dirt floor. The YMCA will provide spray bottles and towels to help clean off mats and clothing after each session.
- What is the temperature down there? The catacombs stay at a pretty constant cool, but not chilly, temperature. You may want to bring a jacket.
- Where do I park? There are parking meters all around the City Market campus. Public parking is available in the eight-story Market District Garage less than a block away on 101 N. New Jersey St.
- Will there be extra mats? We strongly encourage you to bring your own mat. The YMCA will have a VERY LIMITED number of mats available. We cannot guarantee a mat for everyone.
- Where do I check in? Check in at the YMCA at the City Market located at 242 E. Market St. After all guests in your party are checked in, you will be escorted to the catacombs 15 minutes before your session. Please arrive early to allow time to check in.
Join a group for a 30 minute walk to rejuvenate your spirit, mind and body. Enjoy the social and physical benefits of meeting with a group and being in motion.
We set a pace where no one is left behind and welcome all to come and find community while staying active.
This activity is FREE to Y members.
Support the Intercollegiate YMCA while getting some work done around the house! Our fall clean program is our annual fundraiser to help support our Intercollegiate work throughout the year. Some of the programs that benefit from the funds raised is our free after school programs that we run in low income neighborhoods across Indianapolis as well as scholarships for our service trips that we lead each year for college students.
Our fall clean program will provide 3-4 students to come to your house to perform household chores/projects such as the ones listed below.
• Leaf cleanup / Yardwork
• Cleaning and Organizing
• Hanging holiday decorations
• Whatever you need!
A DONATION OF $175 WILL COVER 3 HOURS OF WORK PERFORMED BY INTERCOLLEGIATE YMCA VOLUNTEERS. The volunteer times are typically from 10:00-1:00 on the designated Saturday. Once you register, you will hear from the Intercollegiate YMCA with more information and next steps.