YMCA AT THE ATHENAEUM HOURS FOR WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3
During our temporary closures due to COVID-19 precautions, YMCA Wellness Advisors are available to help our Members stay on track with fitness and wellness goals! We are here to help you navigate the new virtual world, directing you to resources to stay active at home, providing a connection to YMCA support systems, even helping with ideas on how to maintain healthy habits during a time of change. We need each other, and we are here for you. To request a FREE WELLNESS ADVISOR VIRTUAL VISIT, please email email@example.com. Visits will be held via video conference or phone call, and may be provided in a small group setting.
The Irsay Family YMCA Mini-Marathon Training Program will prepare you for the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon and help you achieve your goal of crossing the finish line after 13.1 miles!
Our training program includes mileage plans, organized training days, equipment information, cross-training suggestions, and nutrition strategies. Join us!
15-week program begins the week of January 13, 2020 and includes:
- 3 days/week training led by YMCA coaches
- 2019 YMCA Mini-Marathon technical shirt
- Expert speakers/materials on topics such as nutrition, injury prevention, and more
- Running mileage plans
- Play and Learn child watch services available while you train
- Must be able to maintain a 15 minute per mile pace
- New for 2020… by participating in our half marathon training, you are automatically added to our 2020 Running Club
Choose one option:
|TRAINING DAYS||TRAINING TIMES||TRAINING FEE|
|MONDAY & WEDNESDAY |
|5:30 p.m. (Monday & Wednesday) |
8:30 a.m. (Saturday)
|Y Members and Franciscan Employees: $90* |
All Others: $105*
|*SATURDAY ONLY||8:30 a.m.||Y Member: $50* |
All Others: $60*
*Saturday runs are open to all registered participants. Training fee does not include race registration. All participants are responsible for own race registration. You will need to register separately for the 2020 OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini- Marathon online at www.indymini.com.
Learn more about the biking community in Downtown Indianapolis with this year’s Bike-in Breakfast series brought to you by the Cycle Commuter Task Force. Our commuter series of Bike-In Breakfasts are underway and available to everyone. Whether you’ve just started biking or you’ve been peddling for years, all levels and stage of cyclists are welcome. Join us all spring, summer, and fall for info sessions and fellowship while learning all about bike commuting here in Indianapolis.
LUNCH & LEARN SERIES
- Feb. 13 〉 Bike Technology
- March 12 〉 Bike Commuting 101
- April 9 〉 Bicycle Security & Maintenance
- May 14 〉 Bike Fitting & Injury Prevention presented by Franciscan CityWay
- June 11 〉Planning Your Next Bike Adventure
- July 9 〉 Women Riders Panel
- Aug. 13 〉 Family Bicycling
- Sept. 10 〉 Tips for Riding in the Cold & Dark
- Oct. 8 〉 Winter Fitness Programs
READY TO START YOUR BIKE COMMUTE?
Check out the many Bike Trains from around Central Indiana that will get riders safely Downtown. Indy Bike Trains are held on Bike-in Breakfasts dates (and other dates as indicated by the Bike Train Conductor).
Brought to you by: Cycle Commuter Task Force
LOOKING FOR SOME SUMMER FUN FOR YOUR LITTLE CYCLIST?
Bike-In Breakfasts are presented by the YMCA and the City Market and
Topic: Lunch & Learn – Planning Your Bike Adventure
Time: Apr 9, 2020 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
+13126266799,,149554846# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,149554846# US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abiFcsdUid