These one-day training clinics will focus on fine tuning the young athlete’s fundamentals. Coach Phillips will ensure that every child leaves these clinics a better player than when they started. Training is designed to:
– Increase confidence in ball handling, shooting, defense and court awareness
– Improve footwork, hand quickness and hand-eye coordination
– Improve lateral quickness, reaction and short burst quickness
– Improve agility, quickness and reaction time
– Improve focus and explosiveness
– Available for ages 5 – 14
Two sessions to choose from: April 7 and/or May 5
Ages 5-9 · 11:30 – 12:30
Ages 10 – 14 · 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
Join us for a YMCA instructor-led class on the first and third Tuesdays this summer (May – August)!
We’ll meet on The Alexander Plaza (333 S. Delaware), located on the south side of the hotel, just across the street from the Irsay Family YMCA at CityWay. This event is open to the public, and you don’t need to be a member of the YMCA to participate. Don’t forget to bring your own mat!
The Downtown Indy Ys will host a job fair to fill open positions at on May 9. Seasonal, part-time and full-time positions in Sports & Aquatics, Health & Wellness, Camps & Child Care, administrative services, and maintenance are available.
Summer hours are flexible to appeal to busy teens, college students, teachers and families. Interviews will be conducted on site. Positions are posted on our Jobs page.
Benefits you’ll find nowhere else
In addition to making a difference in the local community, staff get to be part of the global Y cause. You also get a FREE YMCA membership, discounts on Y programs and access to child care services, among other benefits.
Do you have what it takes to be a lifeguard?
In addition to being lifeguard certified (if not already), candidates will be asked to demonstrate their swim abilities and must meet these requirements:
- At least 16 years old
- Tread water for 2 minutes without hands
- Swim 100 yards front crawl
- Swim 50 yards of these strokes: front crawl, side stroke, breast stroke, breast stroke with head up and elementary backstroke with hands on chest
- Perform a feet-first surface dive
- At least 15 years old
- Swim well in six strokes: freestyle, breast stroke, elementary and competitive back stroke, butterfly and side stroke
- Tread water using these three kicks: egg beater, scissor, whip or frog kick
Join our team, it’s fun!
Spring running is here again! Beyond Monumental, along with the YMCA at City Market, is excited to bring back our weekly lunch runs to help support your goals. We’ve partnered together to bring you a free, fun, fitness option for your Thursday lunch breaks in May.
- Multiple pace groups available, ranging from 7:30 min/mile to a walking group
- 30 min. runs through pre-set downtown courses
- Complimentary bottled water and CLIF bars available post-run
- Complimentary lockers and showers available at the YMCA at City Market
- NEW! Every time you attend, receive an entry to our grand prize drawing for a Monumental Prize Pack at the end of the month!
Questions? Contact Maggie McCoy at 317.612.3086