Learn more about the biking community in Downtown Indianapolis with this year’s Bike-in Breakfast series brought to you by the Cycle Commuter Task Force. Our commuter series of Bike-In Breakfasts are underway and available to everyone. Whether you’ve just started biking or you’ve been peddling for years, all levels and stage of cyclists are welcome. Join us all spring, summer, and fall for info sessions and fellowship while learning all about bike commuting here in Indianapolis.
2019 BIKE-IN BREAKFASTS
The Bike-In Breakfast sessions are held from 7 – 8 a.m. on the 3rd Friday of each month, April – October, at the YMCA at the City Market.
- April 26
- May 17 〉 Bike to Work Day at Monument Circle
- June 21
- July 19
- August 16
- September 20 〉 Car Free Day Indy
- October 18
MORE BIKE COMMUNITY EVENTS
- Thursday, March 28, 5 – 7 p.m. 〉 Bike Commuting Kick-Off: Meet the Indy Bike Train Conductors
- Thursday, November 14, 5 – 7 p.m. – Bicycle Commuting Celebration
- Join an Indy Bike Train and commute with a group!
READY TO START YOUR BIKE COMMUTE?
Check out the many Bike Trains from around Central Indiana that will get riders safely Downtown. Indy Bike Trains are held on Bike-in Breakfasts dates (and other dates as indicated by the Bike Train Conductor).
Brought to you by: Cycle Commuter Task Force
LOOKING FOR SOME SUMMER FUN FOR YOUR LITTLE CYCLIST?
Bike-In Breakfasts are presented by the YMCA and the City Market and
Join us for a YMCA instructor-led class on the first and third Tuesdays this summer (May – August)!
We’ll meet on The Alexander Plaza (333 S. Delaware), located on the south side of the hotel, just across the street from the Irsay Family YMCA at CityWay. This event is open to the public, and you don’t need to be a member of the YMCA to participate. Don’t forget to bring your own mat!
Pedal for a Purpose to raise money for the OrthoIndy Foundation YMCA’s Annual Campaign. $25 reserves one of 18 bikes and a water bottle on the terrace so you can sweat with Annette while you watch the sunrise.
- Date: Saturday August 31
- Time: 7-9am
- Cost: $25 per seat , 18 seats
- Location: Terrace
If inclement weather exist the morning of the class it will be moved to September 7
How do we make the most of the outdoor pools closing for the season? We throw a huge community pool paw-ty for the pooches!
Bring your furry friend for a swim in the large pool or play with your pooch in the toddler pool and splash pad.
• Dogs must wear a dog tag and have updated vaccinations.
• Swimming is for non-aggressive dogs only. Pool chemicals will be lowered to keep it safe for dogs (and not humans).
• Please be prepared to clean up after your four-legged friends.
• All proceeds benefit the Fishers YMCA Annual Campaign.
• $10/dog for one day or $15/dog for both days. Human companions are free.
• Purchase tickets in advance or at the event.
Wednesday, September 4, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 7, 10 a.m. – Noon
Open your hearts & homes to friends from the Humane Society for Hamilton County. They’ll be previewing the event on Wednesday and providing recommendations on the best spots in the pool to enjoy! Won’t you consider learning more about these pooches and welcoming one of them into your loving home?
The Y. We’re for DOG Development, Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.