Find Child Care, Early Learning & Preschool Programs & Activities
Healthy development starts early for children, and that’s why at the YMCA, we care for the health and well being of your child. In this nurturing environment, your child is encouraged to play, learn, and grow.
By integrating activities and playtime into the Preschool curriculum, our trained teachers work to achieve a supportive learning environment. Our hands-on learning curriculum emphasizes motor skills and creativity. We strive to provide an environment where children will learn and build confidence while making new friends.
Unless otherwise noted, please contact the Member Services Desk for registration information.
With Kids Night Out, parents enjoy a night out while kids engage in fun and safe activities at the Y
We know parents need a break from time to time while kids enjoy games, crafts, and more centered around a unique monthly theme. Kids play in the Play and Learn Center while adults can enjoy an evening out. These specially themed evenings include crafts, games, dinner, physical activities and lots of fun!View Days & Times
In our YMCA Play and Learn Centers, your child will experience all kinds of fun and engaging activities while you enjoy your work out!
At the Y, we believe that “play is the work of young children, and is the foundation for learning.” Our Play and Learn Centers offer children the opportunity to experience curriculum-based learning activities in a fun and nurturing environment.
Our trained staff can care for babies 6 weeks and older, and we have activities geared to toddlers and for children up to 10 years of age. A few of our locations also have Play and Learn amenities geared to pre-teens (ages 11-12); please ask at your local Y.
- Use of our Play and Learn Centers is included FREE as a part of YMCA household memberships.
- Play and Learn Centers are available at 10 of our YMCA locations (Play and Learn is not available at the YMCA at the Athenaeum or the YMCA at the City Market).
- Members may use our Play and Learn Centers for up to two hours per day while you are onsite at our facility.
- For Play and Learn hours of operation, please visit the Location Info tab and “hours” for your YMCA location of choice.
Phone: (317) 549-9622
Preschool / Early Learning
The educational philosophy at the YMCA Early Learning Center for ages 3-5 is child-centered and developmentally-based. It is developed with the knowledge that young children learn through their direct interactions with both their environment and the people within it. The Avondale Meadows YMCA Early Learning Center utilizes the Creative Curriculum. The projects that children engage in are developed by knowledgeable, nurturing teachers who consider the needs, interests, concerns, and developmental abilities of the children.
The curriculum promotes academic success through the use of a wide range of appealing hands-on learning materials and experiences. In this way we provide children with experiences that will help them learn to direct their own actions, discipline themselves, and accept responsibility for their actions. We expect that children will:
- Experience academic success throughout their school career
- Become eager life-long learners, creative thinkers and problem solvers
- Gain significant verbalization skills and expand their vocabulary
- Expand their language comprehension
- Experience significant advances in their literacy and numeracy skills
- Increase their attention span and ability to concentrate
Avondale Meadows Early learning Center Hours: 6:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks provided
We offer continuous enrollment (as space is available) at the Avondale Meadows YMCA. Classes run from August to June.
*On My Way Pre-K and CCDF vouchers are accepted. YMCA tuition scholarships also available. Space is limited, so please register early to reserve your spot.