Citywide Job Fair May 2, Summer Aquatics Hiring Fair May 3
The YMCA of Greater Indianapolis will host a Citywide Job Fair to fill more than 600 positions from 4 – 6 p.m. at all 12 YMCA locations in Central Indiana on May 2. The Y will also host a Summer Aquatics Hiring Fair to fill 250 lifeguard and 65 swim instructor positions from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. on May 3 at the Irsay Family YMCA.
We have seasonal, part-time and full-time positions available in Sports & Aquatics, Health & Wellness, Camps & Child Care, administrative services, and maintenance. Summer hours are flexible to appeal to busy teens, college students, teachers and families.
Interviews will be conducted on site. Positions are posted on our Jobs page.
Benefits you’ll find nowhere else
In addition to making a difference in the local community, staff get to be part of the global Y cause. They also get free YMCA membership, discounts on Y programs and access to child care services, among other benefits.
Do you have what it takes to be a lifeguard?
You might get wet at the Aquatics Hiring Fair! In addition to being lifeguard certified (if not already), candidates will be asked to demonstrate their swim abilities and must meet these requirements:
Lifeguards – 250 positions open
- At least16 years old
- Tread water for 2 minutes without hands
- Swim 100 yards front crawl
- Swim 50 yards of these strokes: front crawl, side stroke, breast stroke, breast stroke with head up and elementary backstroke with hands on chest
- Perform a feet-first surface dive
Swim Instructors – 60 positions open
- At least15 years old
- Swim well in six strokes: freestyle, breast stroke, elementary and competitive back stroke, butterfly and side stroke
- Tread water using these three kicks: egg beater, scissor, whip or frog kick
Join our team, it’s fun!