We’re excited to be part of the first-ever Indy Water Safety Week presented by the new Indy Aquatic Alliance! Enjoy free water safety programs and swim events at 30 locations across Greater Indianapolis throughout the week. All activities are free and open to the public. And here’s what you can do at the YMCA!
Free Water Safety Classes
To help keep kids safe, we have over 300 spots open for free “Safety Around Water” classes for ages 5-12 from June 17-20 at seven area YMCAs. In four, half-hour classes, the Y’s certified swim instructors will teach children basic safety skills and concepts, such as jump, push, turn, grab and swim, float and swim.
[table “40” not found /]
“America’s Swim Instructor”
Safety Around Water teaches basic water awareness skills, but is not a substitute for learning how to swim. Swim lessons are always available at eight area YMCAs for a fee and at most Y Summer Day Camps. Known as “America’s Swim Instructor,” the Y also offers swim teams, clinics, water fitness classes, certifications and training and many more aquatics programs year-round. Scholarships are available for all of these programs.
Brought to you by the Fishers YMCA and Geist Half Marathon, join us for the 2019 Spark!Fishers 5K Walk/Run on Saturday, June 29 at 8 a.m. in the Nickel Plate District.
- The race will begin promptly at 8 a.m.
- Half Pint Half K will start about 7:30 a.m.
- Pack pick up is Friday evening from 3 – 7 p.m. at the Fishers YMCA or Saturday morning from 6 – 7:45 a.m. at Liberty Plaza.
- Each finisher will receive a race shirt and medal.
Parking is available at:
- Holland Park, 1 Park Dr.
- Fishers Elementary, 11442 Lantern Rd
- Launch Fishers, 12175 Visionary Way
Come make fun memories right here in your community! The Spark!Fishers event in the Nickel Plate District in downtown Fishers showcases innovation, blends entertainment with delicious food, and honors those who have and continue to make great sacrifices for our freedom. The weekend promises to include elements for residents of all ages, including:
- National concert at the Nickel Plate District AMP on Friday night
- 5K run/walk for the entire family on Saturday morning
- Street Fair, filled with everything from food to entertainment
- Community parade, unlike anything Fishers’ residents have seen before
- Fireworks show to conclude the weekend celebration
Sponsorship packages are available through the Spark!Fishers event committee, and race proceeds support Fishers YMCA and Geist Half Marathon programs.
Contact Fishers YMCA Executive Director, Jake Reardon-McSoley to learn more.
The Baxter YMCA invites you and your friends to join us for an open Community Night at the Outdoor Pool. Bring your swim suit, towel, and your favorite pool toy for a great night of swimming and family fun. As a part of the south side community, the Baxter YMCA wants to open our pool gates and let everyone in to see what they are missing. Invite all of your friends and any family that aren’t already members. It’s a party and we want you there!