The School’s Out Cooking Program offers a week of fun at the Y! Each morning we cook and bake in the kitchen and eat what we make for lunch. Then we spend the afternoon in the fitness center, play games in the gym, swim and do crafts.
While in the kitchen, we focus on basic cooking skills, kitchen safety best-practices and fresh spring recipes! Each participant will go home with a personalized apron and a book of recipes made that week. Each week features a different theme.
Open to kids ages 7 – 15. Child care is available before and after class for $5/hour per child. Please email the instructor, Mia Schulte at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any dietary restrictions prior to class.
Oh my quad! Volleyball is back at the Irsay Family Y! Join in on the fun of the “Oh My Quad” Volleyball Tournament. All levels are welcome and encouraged to participate. Come out and have a great evening of volleyball in downtown Indianapolis!
Email Eric Nolan at email@example.com to register your team!
- 4 v 4 quads: 2 woman minimum on court
- 4 games guaranteed
- Round robin and single elimination format
- 2 divisions: Pro:
- Competitive and intermediate PLUS
- Semi-Pro: Recreational and Intermediate
- Registration Deadline: April 1
- Registration Deadline for Team Shirts: March 26
These one-day training clinics will focus on fine tuning the young athlete’s fundamentals. Coach Phillips will ensure that every child leaves these clinics a better player than when they started. Training is designed to:
– Increase confidence in ball handling, shooting, defense and court awareness
– Improve footwork, hand quickness and hand-eye coordination
– Improve lateral quickness, reaction and short burst quickness
– Improve agility, quickness and reaction time
– Improve focus and explosiveness
– Available for ages 5 – 14
Two sessions to choose from: April 7 and/or May 5
Ages 5-9 · 11:30 – 12:30
Ages 10 – 14 · 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.