Seasonal, part-time and full-time positions in Sports, Aquatics, Camp, Child Care and more
The YMCA of Greater Indianapolis will host a citywide job fair to fill more than 600 positions at all 12 YMCA locations in Central Indiana on May 9. Seasonal, part-time and full-time positions in Sports & Aquatics, Health & Wellness, Camps & Child Care, administrative services, and maintenance are available.
Summer hours are flexible to appeal to busy teens, college students, teachers and families. Interviews will be conducted on site. Positions are posted on our Jobs page.
Benefits you’ll find nowhere else
In addition to making a difference in the local community, staff get to be part of the global Y cause. You also get a FREE YMCA membership, discounts on Y programs and access to child care services, among other benefits.
Do you have what it takes to be a lifeguard?
In addition to being lifeguard certified (if not already), candidates will be asked to demonstrate their swim abilities and must meet these requirements:
Lifeguards – 160 positions open
- At least 16 years old
- Tread water for 2 minutes without hands
- Swim 100 yards front crawl
- Swim 50 yards of these strokes: front crawl, side stroke, breast stroke, breast stroke with head up and elementary backstroke with hands on chest
- Perform a feet-first surface dive
Swim Instructors – 75 positions open
- At least 15 years old
- Swim well in six strokes: freestyle, breast stroke, elementary and competitive back stroke, butterfly and side stroke
- Tread water using these three kicks: egg beater, scissor, whip or frog kick
Join our team, it’s fun!