Please click on the ‘Categories’ tab to narrow your Event search by Center.
The YMCA of Greater Indianapolis is partnering with CBS4 to bring books to the Indianapolis community through their CBS4 Reads Book Drive. Education is such an important part of a child’s life, and the Y wants to ensure that our community’s youth have access to books and literacy programs citywide.
6,000 Books for Good
The CBS4 Reads Book Drive is aiming to collect 6,000 books by September 7 for IPS students. Books which are kindergarten through a third-grade reading level are preferred, but all books are welcome and appreciated!
Locations for Drop Off
- YMCA at the Athenaeum: 401 E Michigan St #3, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Avondale Meadows YMCA: 3908 Meadows Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46205
- Baxter YMCA: 7900 Shelby St, Indianapolis, IN 46227
- Benjamin Harrison YMCA: 5736 Lee Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46216
- Irsay Family YMCA: 430 S Alabama St, Indianapolis, IN 46225
- Fishers YMCA: 9012 E 126th St, Fishers, IN 46038
- Jordan YMCA: 8400 Westfield Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46240
- Pike YMCA: 7114 Lakeview Pkwy W Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46268
- Ransburg YMCA: 501 N Shortridge Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46219
- YMCA at the City Market: 242 E Market St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Join us at Coat Check Coffee’s companion shop, Provider Coffee, to benefit the YMCA’s Annual Campaign Fundraiser
This outdoor class is a total body workout focusing on strength and core exercises using a resistance band. Join us for coffee, friends and a great workout! After, we would love to talk to you about how you can help us impact the community through the our Annual Campaign fundraiser, which help individuals and families in the Indianapolis community afford YMCA memberships and programs, regardless of income.
Safe Sitter teaches accident prevention, emergency response, child development, behavior management, and the business of babysitting through games, activities, and role play. Safe Sitter manual is included. Please bring a sack lunch.
$72; Y Member: $50
For more information please contact Lauren Ausdenmoore at email@example.com
Safe Sitter Training
Designed to prepare students in grades 6-8 to be safe when they’re home alone, watching younger siblings or babysitting.
The instructor-led class is filled with fun games and role-playing exercises. Students even get to use mannequins to practice rescue skills like choking rescue and CPR!
Call the Jordan YMCA or stop by the Membership Desk to register your child today!