Please click on the ‘Categories’ tab to narrow your Event search by Center.
The YMCA of Greater Indianapolis is partnering with CBS4 to bring books to the Indianapolis community through their CBS4 Reads Book Drive. Education is such an important part of a child’s life, and the Y wants to ensure that our community’s youth have access to books and literacy programs citywide.
6,000 Books for Good
The CBS4 Reads Book Drive is aiming to collect 6,000 books by September 7 for IPS students. Books which are kindergarten through a third-grade reading level are preferred, but all books are welcome and appreciated!
Locations for Drop Off
- YMCA at the Athenaeum: 401 E Michigan St #3, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Avondale Meadows YMCA: 3908 Meadows Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46205
- Baxter YMCA: 7900 Shelby St, Indianapolis, IN 46227
- Benjamin Harrison YMCA: 5736 Lee Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46216
- Irsay Family YMCA: 430 S Alabama St, Indianapolis, IN 46225
- Fishers YMCA: 9012 E 126th St, Fishers, IN 46038
- Jordan YMCA: 8400 Westfield Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46240
- Pike YMCA: 7114 Lakeview Pkwy W Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46268
- Ransburg YMCA: 501 N Shortridge Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46219
- YMCA at the City Market: 242 E Market St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Free Workout Wednesdays on Georgia Street provide perfect lunchtime exercise routine: May 2 – Sept. 26
All fitness levels are welcome for 45 minutes of fun, cardio classes
We’re ready! Pack your gym bags for the return of Downtown Indy, Inc.’s Workout Wednesdays presented by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Fitness-enthusiasts should grab their sneakers and meet on Georgia Street’s west block (between Capitol Avenue and Illinois Street) from noon – 12:45 p.m., May 2 – Sept. 26 for FREE cardio classes. All fitness levels are welcome. A YMCA fitness instructor will keep everyone motivated each week. Free water and towels are provided during each session.
May 2 – Cardio Dance w/ Rebecca
May 9 – Les Mills BodyAttack w/ Brooke
May 16 – HIIT w/ Allison
May 23 – Les Mills BodyAttack w/ Brooke
May 30 – HIIT w/ Allison
June 9 – Les Mills BodyAttack w/ Brooke
June 13 – Les Mills BodyAttack w/ Erika
June 20 – Les Mills BodyAttack w/ Brooke
June 27 – Les Mills BodyAttack w/ Brooke
Join us as we welcome teams from England, France, Canada, and the USA for three days of sci-fi swordplay! We’ll crown world champions in individual and team lightsaber combat, and offer special classes for international guests and local patrons alike.
$5 gets you in for one day of the Indy International Lightsaber Tournament; $10 gets you a pass to watch all three days of lightsaber action! Your tickets helps support the Irsay Family YMCA at CityWay’s Annual Campaign, bringing fun and fitness in reach for every Indy family through YMCA membership and program financial assistance.
- Friday, August 24: An intensive public lightsaber combat workshop from 6:00 to 9:00 PM for everyone from beginners to experienced fighters. Each of the lightsaber schools attending the tournament will offer instruction to anyone 13 or up. Workshop admission is just $10 for the entire evening. Spectator tickets available here.
- Saturday, August 25: From 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM, watch the best individuals from each lightsaber school compete for the crown in the one-on-one tournament. The winner will earn a fabulous grand prize and international bragging rights! Spectator tickets available here.
- Sunday, August 26: From 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM, contestants will team up with members of other schools to put their skills to the test in a two-on-two tournament. Team tactics will win the day, and new friendships will form in the fast-paced arena! Spectator tickets available here.
Keep calm and hop on!
Join us for the cutest, cuddliest event of the season; BUNNY YOGA! Come enjoy a relaxing yoga class while adorable, adoptable bunnies from local rescue organization, A Critter’s Chance, hop and play for the ultimate Zen experience. Admission is a $5 donation to the YMCA at the City Market’s Annual Campaign fundraiser, which helps children and families afford YMCA memberships and programs. Additional donations via cash or credit card are encouraged the day of the event to support A Critter’s Chance. Donations help them with spay/neuter and adoption costs for animals they house, including the bunnies! Spaces are limited so reserve your spot early!