Outdoor Pool season extended
To better serve you, we are extending the outdoor pool season. See the Pool Schedule for details.
- Beginning, Sept. 8, outdoor lap lanes will be available during morning water fit classes. Open swim sessions in the outdoor pool, toddler pool and splash pad are available through an Eventbrite reservations system, on Friday from 4 – 7:45 p.m., and Saturday/Sunday from 12 – 2 p.m. and 2:30 – 4:45 p.m. The outdoor pool gate will be closed during these times.
- Indoor fitness and outdoor lap lanes may be reserved for up to one hour and water fitness classes are available for reservation in the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis app (download on Google Play or the Apple Store).
- The hot tub has reopened with a capacity of 3 people for up to 15 minutes, in compliance with state regulations.
- Please bring your own towels, but no pool toys. Children under 14 must be with an adult to use restrooms/locker rooms. No guest passes.
- Masks are required when not swimming or seated on pool chairs that are 6′ apart.
- Pool hours are subject to change – text @fishersy0 to 81010 for weather updates.
37 Thrives update: How to Get to the Y in September
Work continues on the 126th Street trail crossing near the YMCA and construction of a roundabout at 126th & Ford Drive. Please continue to use Lantern Road to arrive at the Y. Only residents and businesses on and east of Ford/Windsor Drive will be accessible from southbound SR 37. During Phase 2, 126th Street will be closed east of Ford Drive to Kirkpatrick Way. Residents and businesses on Ford/Windsor Drive will be accessible from Lantern Road. Lockhart Cadillac will be accessible from southbound SR 37 only. The Roundabout is expected to open in October.
The Wishbone 5K Run/Walk is an annual Thanksgiving event for the entire community. This year we’re celebrating 10 years of families coming together for a morning of fitness and fun. Over 1300 runners and walkers participated last year. Leashed dogs and strollers are welcome along the route, and a Kiddie Fun Run follows the race.
Because health and well-being is our top priority, the event will be facilitated in accordance with the Fishers Health Department and COVID safety guidelines with virtual options, including a 5K, 10K and Choose 10 Challenge.
The Wishbone 5K is the Fishers YMCA’s signature event for the Annual Campaign, which helps to subsidize memberships, programs, summer camp and before/after school care. Since the race began in 2011, nearly $400,000 has been raised to ensure that no one is sent away from the YMCA due to the inability to pay. More than 10,000 participants have grown the Wishbone 5K into the premier Thanksgiving run in our community.
How Your Support Makes a Difference
Your participation in this annual Fishers tradition allows us to grow the reach of the Fishers YMCA Annual Campaign. Your support will help the Y respond to current crucial needs of families from our community and ensure the Y continues to be strong as we emerge better together.
More than one in every four members and one in every five program participants receive financial assistance. Providing Y for All means that we can assist more than 7,000 local families each year. The YMCA is for everyone, but we need your help to make that possible!
Plans for our 2021 event are underway; please stay tuned.
YMCA Good Friday Breakfast Attendee,
We are in unprecedented times. In light of the threat posed by COVID-19 (coronavirus), the YMCA is taking some extraordinary measures to ensure the health and safety of our members, our program participants, our YMCA staff and our community.
Therefore, following guidance from health officials and state and local community leaders, we have decided to cancel the YMCA Good Friday Breakfast.
We are disappointed, but remain extremely thankful for your continued support of the YMCA Mission and this annual event. We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you pray for the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis as we navigate through this challenging season.
P.S. We are already planning and praying for next year’s event!
Actively living out the “C” in the YMCA,
Pastor Joshua Heaston
Director of Christian Mission
YMCA of Greater Indianapolis