Select My Center Location
Hours & Info

Looking for Something?

Join Donate Chat

Military Memberships with the Y


Serving our Military and Their Families

We’re here for our nation’s service men and women and their families.

With a military membership to the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It’s also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation.

thank you - military membership

The YMCA of Greater Indianapolis is proud to offer two options of Military Memberships

  • All YMCA of Greater Indianapolis locations offer a 20% subsidy off regular Association-wide membership rates for veterans, military service members and their families who do not otherwise qualify for a Y membership through DOD Military Outreach Initiative / Title 10 (outlined below).
  • To receive this 20% subsidy, proof of service is required, and therefore military memberships cannot be completed online. Please stop by or contact your local YMCA so we may assist you with this military membership. (Please note: This subsidy is not available on already subsidized single location rates.)
  • And, for Title 10 Personnel:

In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense, the Y is proud to offer memberships and respite child care services to eligible military families and personnel to give them extra support during this difficult period. It’s our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country.

Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:

  • Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
  • Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
  • Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
    • Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
      • The service member is on active duty.
      • The service member is deployed for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
      • The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
      • Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)

What do I need to do?

  1. Print or save the PDF enrollment instructions and application on your personal computer for use later
  2. Complete the packet , beginning with the page titled “Service Member / Family Form 1: Eligibility Form”
  3. Obtain the REQUIRED SIGNATURES of the Commanding Officer/Officer in Charge AND the Service Branch POC
  4. Send the completed packet (including signature pages) to your MCAO. You can find the email address(es) on the front page of the DOD Armed Services YMCA Initiative packets.

Additional information from the Armed Service YMCA may also be found here: https://www.asymca.org/ymca-dod-military-outreach-initiative

Need help or have questions? Please reach out to Susie Patton.

YMCA of Greater Indianapolis