MINDBODY Questions Answered Here!
We’re here to help you navigate MINDBODY, a new booking tool for the downtown Indy YMCAs.
MINDBODY is an online scheduling tool that you can use to check out the most up to date group exercise class options at the three Downtown YMCA centers. You can also use the MINDBODY app or desktop version to book your spot in cycling, yoga, Pilates and Les Mills BODYPUMP classes at the Irsay Family YMCA and YMCA at the Athenaeum locations and book your spot in ALL classes at the YMCA at the City Market. This saves you time by eliminating waiting in long lines to sign up for classes.
- How early can I book my reservation in a class?
- Up to one week in advance.
- What if I’m late to my class?
- We strongly encourage all members to arrive to class at least 10 minutes early so your instructor has time to check you in. If you’re running more than a few minutes late, we ask that you consider joining the next class to be courteous to other members. Even if you are a few minutes late, always make sure to check in with your instructor after class so you are recorded on the roster.
- I’m going to miss that early morning class I signed up for, what do I do?
- No problem! Cancel your class reservation up to 8 hours in advance with no penalty easily through your MINDBODY account. Check out how to cancel in the walk through below
- What if I cancel an hour before my class starts?
- We understand that these things can happen, but our classes are very popular! Lots of members on the classes’ waitlists would love to attend as well. We want to make sure members moved from the waitlist to the class roster get plenty of notice and have time to get to class, so for the courtesy of your fellow members, please try to cancel at least 8 hours in advance.
- What if I don’t show up for my reserved class?
- We understand that life happens, but if no shows happen frequently, we’ll talk with you and we may limit your ability to register for classes through MINDBODY for a while.
- So, I’m on a class waitlist, now what?
- Make sure push notifications from MINDBODY are enabled on your phone.
- If a spot becomes available in your class, MINDBODY will send you a text message asking you if you’d like to attend the class.
- Please respond either “Y” for yes or “N” for no depending on if you’re able to attend.
- OK, where do I sign up?
- Click here to sign up from your desktop.
- Or get the MINDBODY app for your Apple or Android device.
- If it’s your first time using MINDBODY, click “create account” in the top right corner.
- Make sure your location services are enabled on our smart phone.
- If it doesn’t go directly to the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis’ page, you can search by the location name of the Y you’re looking for (YMCA at the City Market for example)
- I’m not into apps. What can I do to reserve my spot in class?
- No worries! MINDBODY is available on tablets and desktops as well, so you can book your classes from home, the library, etc.
- You can also call or visit the member services desk at any one of our Downtown locations and a member services representative would be happy to sign you up.
Still have questions? We’re here to help! Please call any of our Downtown Indy YMCA’s member services desks.
- YMCA at the Athenaeum: 317.685.9705
- YMCA at the City Market: 317.612.3083
- Irsay Family YMCA at CityWay: 317.955.9622