Easy Tips Each Month for a Healthier You
At the Y, we’re all about healthy living – healthy people and healthy communities. But habits can be hard to form, especially the healthy ones. Our new #HealthyHabits program will make healthy living easier.
Each month, we‘ll help you build a new healthy habit. We’ll share quick tips and reminders at indymca.org/healthyhabits and on social media. You can also stop by the Y to pick up a tip card to keep handy and a FREE colored bracelet for a job well done.
But don’t stop there… We want to see lots of photos and videos of you, your family and coworkers practicing each habit. Wear the wristbands, post fun photos and use the hashtags #YMCA and #HealthyHabits so we can cheer you on. Have fun with it!
Rather than take them all on at once, we’ll focus on a new habit each month, starting with Drink Water in July, followed by Eat Fruits & Veggies, Do Cardio, Build Strength, Sleep Well and Be Happy.
Join the movement!
We’ve invited YMCAs around the country to use the hashtags and tip card reminders. Here are our current partner Ys, and more are joining us each day:
- Akron Area YMCA – OH
- Barbara B Jordan YMCA – Mooresville, IN
- Cole Family YMCA – Kendallville, IN
- Great Miami Valley YMCA – OH
- Huntington YMCA – IN
- Independent Health Family YMCA – Buffalo Niagara, NY
- Kokomo Family YMCA – IN
- Metro Denver YMCA – CO
- Owen County Family YMCA – IN
- Valley of the Sun YMCA – AZ
- Wabash County YMCA – IN
- YMCA of Boulder Valley – CO
- YMCA of Central Ohio – OH
- YMCA of Greater Dayton – OH
- YMCA of Lincoln – NE
- YMCA of Muncie – IN
- YMCA Sports Branch & Glendale Sports Center at Infinity Park – CO
Drink, Drink, Drink
So let’s get started. Grab your favorite water bottle and start drinking!