We're here to help!
Millions of Americans set resolutions at this time of year. I’m sure you’ve even got a few jotted down. You’ve made that first step, now let the YMCA help you keep those resolutions. Watch this clip from RTV-6 and check out the info below!
- Keep your ultimate goal in mind, but set small benchmark goals that you can achieve along the way.
- When you set goals, set SMART goals
Specific – simple, sensible, significant
Measurable – meaningful, motivating
Achievable – agreed, attainable
Realistic – reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based
Timely – time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive
Setting these goals will help you to clearly identify quality goals that you can show improvement on and feel a sense of accomplishment in the end!
- Focus on the Positives
Even the smallest bit of improvement is worth celebrating! You may not have lost your 5 pounds but you’ve lost 1! That’s a step in the right direction.
- Weigh yourself only once per week. Do not weigh yourself everyday. You’ll be able to see more of an improvement this way.
- Reach out to friends, family and even Y staff! They want to see you succeed. Schedule a Get Fit appointment. These are free wellness check in appointments that you schedule with our Wellness Coaches. Sign up at Member Services.
- If you do fall off, get back on. Don’t give up all together. You still have progress to be made.
And seriously, we are here to help. You can contact Cody Martin, Associate Wellness Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Megan Klomp, Member Involvement Director, at email@example.com.
Thank you for reading! Now stick with those resolutions!