Bike-In Breakfasts and Lunch & Learns at the YMCA at the City Market help novice and veteran cycling commuters to the Downtown Indy
Free events and resource sessions find their home in the heart of Downtown Indianapolis at the YMCA at the City Market, home of the Indy Bike Hub, covering safety, events, best practices and more on the growing trend of biking a car-free lifestyle.
DISCOVER DOWNTOWN INDY’S BIKING COMMUNITY
Learn more about the biking community in Downtown Indianapolis with this year’s Lunch & Learn and Bike-in Breakfast series brought to you by the Cycle Commuter Task Force. Our commuter series of Lunch and Learns and Bike-In Breakfasts are underway and available to everyone. Whether you’ve just started biking or you’ve been peddling for years, all levels and stage of cyclists are welcome. Join us all spring, summer, and fall for info sessions and fellowship while learning all about bike commuting here in Indianapolis.
2018 Bike Community Lunch & Learn Series
The Lunch & Learn sessions are held from 12 – 1 p.m. on the 2nd Thursday of each month, February – October, at the YMCA at the City Market. Lunch is generously provided by Circle City Soups.
- February 8 〉 Ride Data
- March 8 〉 Indy’s Bikeways and Bikeshares
- April 12 〉 Bike Fitting & Injury Prevention
- May 10 〉 Bike Commuting Panel
- June 14 〉 Bike Friendly Business Tour
- July 12 〉 Women Ride
- August 9 〉 Bike Security & Maintenance
- September 13 〉 Red Line / Bikes on Buses
- October 11 〉 Tips for Riding in Cold and Dark
2018 Bike-In Breakfasts
The Bike-In Breakfast sessions are held from 6:30 – 8 a.m. on the 3rd Friday of each month, April – October, at the YMCA at the City Market.
- April 20
- May 18 〉 Bike to Work Day at Monument Circle. Light refreshments will be provided by Whole Foods Market, Au Bon Pain, and Bee Coffee Roasters.
- June 15
- July 20
- August 17
- September 21 〉 Car Free Day Indy
- October 19
Other 2018 Bike Community Events
- March 29 · 5 – 7 p.m. 〉 Bike Commuting Kickoff: Meet the Indy Bike Train Conductors
- November 15 · 5 – 7 p.m. 〉 Bike Commuting Celebration
Brought to you by: Cycle Commuter Task Force