It takes 20,000 gallons of water to fill the pool!
The new OrthoIndy Foundation YMCA is opening Dec. 3, and we’re so excited! We’ve pulled together a few fun facts and tidbits to jazz you up too!
By the numbers
More than 50 free classes a week
- 65 pieces of cardio equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, rowers, upright and recumbent bikes
- More than 60 hours of open gym time a week. At nearly 7,400 square feet, the gym is so large that you can play pickleball, volleyball and basketball at the same time.
- It takes 20,000 gallons of water to fill the pool. With nearly 10 hours of open swim time a day, the pool features 4 swim lanes, a therapy area, and zero depth entry. One of the spray features is a 15 ft. x 5 ft. frog, which was so large that the builders had to remove a window to place it in the facility.
- 12 pieces of adaptive or adapt-able cardio strength equipment
- 11 laps on the indoor track make a mile.
- SALUTE, an 8-foot sculpture featuring 5 service men and women greets guests at the entrance
- Up to 2 hours of free child care each day for members
- Approximately 33 contractors were used to build OrthoIndy Foundation YMCA.
Did you know?
The OrthoIndy Foundation YMCA is the first in the nation to have an onsite medical clinic for veterans.
- With special thanks to the OrthoIndy Foundation, every YMCA in Greater Indianapolis has a health partner.
- This Y will be dedicated in honor of the Senate Avenue and Fall Creek YMCAs that proudly served Indy’s African American community from 1913 to 2003, nearly 100 years!
- Every YMCA in Greater Indianapolis has a chapel/reflection room and volunteer chaplains.
- The OrthoIndy Foundation YMCA and Irsay Family YMCA are the only local Ys that have a demonstration kitchen and an outdoor terrace.
- College Park Church will hold services in the gym on Sunday mornings beginning in January.
- Fitness challenges – Inspire Indy 5K series presented by Delta (8 runs throughout the year), Cycle-A-Thon, Weight Loss Challenges, Small Group Training, Personal Training & Buddy Training
- Tournaments & clinics – Kick-, Volley-, Basket-, Wiffle-, Pickle-, Dodge-, Boccia, Flag Foot- Ball, and cornhole and lightsaber tourneys!
- Holiday & seasonal events – Valentine’s dances, egg hunts, pool parties, trick or treating, breakfasts with Santa
Health and hiring fairs, lunch and learns, teen nights, Kids Night Out and more
A global movement in our own backyard
Y members get to be part of a global movement that strengthens our local communities and builds strong spirit, mind and body for all. Don’t delay, the join fee will be waived for those who become a member of the OrthoIndy Foundation YMCA by Dec. 3!