Lightsabers, bunnies, dogs and kickball
You can always play ball, send the kids to camp and go for a swim at the YMCA, but have you seen this baker’s dozen of quirky new events coming up? Some are oddly weird, but will no doubt be quite fun!
- Aug. 24 – 26 – Indy International Lightsaber Tournament
- Aug. 25 – Bunny Yoga
- Aug. 25 – Movie on the Lawn
- Aug. 26 – Sept. 9 – End of the Season Doggie Dips featuring best trick and barking contents
- Aug. 27 – Showdown on the Playground – first-ever “kickball with the cops!”
- Aug. 29 – Workout Wednesdays on Georgia St.
- Sept. 8 – The Indy Ultimate has a new stop this year at the YMCA at the City Market
- Sept. 8 – Adaptive Sports Expo with interactive demos of wheelchair lacrosse and basketball, Beep Baseball, Pickle Ball and more
- Sept. 13 – Inaugural YMCA World Fest on Monument Circle in celebration of National Welcoming Week
- Sept. 19 – FREE Community Day
- Sept. 20 & 21 – Part-time Job Fair – Must fill 100 positions to run new OrthoIndy Foundation YMCA when it opens in December
- Sept. 22 – Oct. 27 – Fall Clean Ups – Have college kids clean for you!
- Oct. 27 – Yoga in the Catacombs, two creepy sessions!
ALL are open to the public for free or a nominal fee.