As a member of the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It’s also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation. The YMCA of Greater Indianapolis is proud to offer two options of Military Memberships for service men and women and their families:
- All YMCA of Greater Indianapolis locations offer a 20% subsidy off regular Association-wide membership rates for veterans, military service members and their families who do not otherwise qualify for a Y membership through DOD Military Outreach Initiative / Title 10 (outlined below). For this 20% subsidy, proof of service is required, and therefore military memberships can not be completed online. Please stop by or contact your local YMCA Center of choice for more information and so that we may assist you with this membership category. (Please note: This subsidy is not available on single location rates, which are already offered at a subsidy.)
- And, for Title 10 Personnel:
In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense, the Y is proud to offer memberships and respite child care services to eligible military families and personnel to give them extra support during this difficult period. It’s our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country.
Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is deployed for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
What do I need to do?
- CLICK HERE, and print now, or save the PDF document on your personal computer for use later
- Complete the packet , beginning with the page titled “Service Member / Family Form 1: Eligibility Form”
- Obtain the REQUIRED SIGNATURES of the Commanding Officer/Officer in Charge AND the Service Branch POC
- Bring the completed packet (including signature pages) to the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis location of your choice, along with your Military ID and/or deployment papers