The Arthur R. Baxter YMCA is a non-profit organization that has been bringing about positive change to south-central Indiana for half a century.
As a part of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis and the YMCA of the USA, the Baxter YMCA is a driving force behind the Y’s mission to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
Located on 19 acres of land in Perry Township, the center features a 13,500 square-foot wellness department complete with cardio equipment, free weights, machines, wellness advisores, fitness classes, and personalized training programs. The aquatics department features an 8-lane, 50-meter outdoor pool with a double flume slide and zero depth entry wading pool, as well an indoor lap pool open year-round. Swim lessons, water fitness classes, and even synchronized swimming take place year-round. The property also includes outdoor fields and two gymnasiums.
Additional member benefits include discounts for YMCA programs and events. The Baxter YMCA hosts early education classes, youth and adult sports, teen programs, and activities for senior citizens. These programs and more are available to both YMCA members and guests. Program costs and membership fees are based on income level thanks to generous donations made to the YMCA Annual Campaign.
|Monday - Friday||5:00am – 9:00pm|
|Saturday||7:00am – 7:00pm|
|Sunday||11:00am – 6:00pm|
|Monday - Friday||8:00am – 7:00pm|
|Saturday||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|Sunday||12:00pm – 4:00pm|
|Monday - Thursday||8:00am – 12:00pm |
4:00pm – 8:00pm
|Friday||8:00am – 12:00pm|
|Saturday||8:00am – 12:00pm|
|Monday - Saturday||9:00am – 2:00pm |
4:00pm – 6:00pm
|Sunday||12:00pm – 4:00pm|
|Monday - Thursday||4:00pm – 7:00pm|
Center Holiday Schedules & Hours
- New Year's Eve (Dec. 31)
Center Hours: 5 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- New Year's Day (Jan. 1)
Center Hours: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee on Membership and Joining Fees
- Free or Reduced fees for all programs
- Online Program Registration
- Sauna and whirlpool ages 19+
- Free towel service
- Indoor Pool
- 2 Outdoor pools (8 lane, 50-meter with double flume slide; zero depth entry wading pool with water features)
- Free quality Child Watch while you work out
- Les Mills Virtual classes available every day, open to close
- Free Land & Water Group Exercise Classes (excludes specialty classes) ages 11+
- Wi-Fi Internet access
- One complimentary session with a Nationally Certified Personal Trainer
- Wellness Center with cardio machines with TV's and enhanced web browsing, strength machines and free weights.
- MyZone heart rate tracking system available in Small Group Training and the Wellness Center
- eGym Fitness Circuit machines
- Free Wellness appointments with a YMCA Wellness Advisor
- Monthly family nights
- Reciprocating Membership at all Greater Indianapolis YMCA locations
- Indoor and Outdoor playgrounds