The Irsay Family YMCA at CityWay is the most recent addition to the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis Association. On opening day, December 15, 2015, it was named the YMCA at CityWay, but in September 2016, changed to the Irsay Family YMCA at CityWay, due to a generous donation from the Irsay family.
The center is 87,000 square feet and its three levels provide a modern, open and bright space for members to achieve their wellness goals. In addition, the Irsay Family Y provides a lap pool, a recreational pool, a sauna and whirlpool, more than 80 group exercise classes each week, an outdoor terrace, and an instructional teaching kitchen, just to name a few special amenities.
Located on the near southside of downtown Indianapolis at the corner of South and Delaware, the Irsay Family Y occupies a shared space location with Franciscan Health, offering the community easy access to health and wellness services across a continuum of care.
|Sunday||11:00am – 6:00pm|
|Monday - Friday||5:00am – 8:00pm|
|Saturday||7:00am – 7:00pm|
|Monday - Friday||8:00am – 1:00pm |
4:00pm – 8:00pm
|Saturday||8:00am – 1:00pm|
|Sunday||12:00pm – 4:00pm|
|Monday - Friday||8:00am – 8:00pm|
|Saturday||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|Sunday||11:00am – 4:00pm|
|Monday - Friday||7:00am – 8:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am – 3:00pm|
|Monday||7:00am – 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Thursday||7:00am – 5:00pm|
|Friday||7:00am – 5:00pm|
|Monday||10:00am – 11:00am|
|Tuesday||6:00pm – 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:00am – 11:00am|
|Thursday||2:00pm – 3:00pm|
Center Holiday Schedules & Hours
- Easter Sunday
Easter Sunday (Sunday, April 12): CLOSED
- Memorial Day
Memorial Day (Monday, May 25): 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Independence Day
Independence Day (Wednesday, July 4): 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Labor Day
Labor Day (Monday, September 7): 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 26): CLOSED
- Christmas Schedule
Christmas Eve (Monday, December 24): 5:00 am – 3:00 pm
Christmas Day (Tuesday, December 25): CLOSED
- New Year's Schedule
New Year's Eve (Monday, December 31): 5:00 am – 3:00 pm
New Year's Day (Tuesday, January 1): 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 87,000 square-foot YMCA to serve our community
- State-of-the-art Wellness Center with strength & cardio equipment
- Gymnasiums with three full-sized courts for scheduled leagues and pick-up games
- Indoor, 25-yard, four-lane Lap Pool
- Indoor Warm Water Therapy/ Recreational Pool
- Sauna & Whirlpool
- Instructional Teaching Kitchen/ Demonstration Studio
- Indoor .10-mile Elevated Running Track with spectacular views of downtown Indy and Lucas Oil Stadium
- Aerobics & Multi-purpose Rooms
- Offices for “Top 10: Transforming Health in Central Indiana” initiative
- Large Education/Community Room
- Play & Learn Center to provide excellent care with play & learn opportunities for children while parents enjoy the rest of the Y
- Inter-denominational Chapel for prayer, quiet time and/or reflection
- Indiana’s largest indoor “Living Wall” featuring a 6×28 expanse of growing plants
- Roof Terrace with garden space and sustainable “green roof” technology
- Adjoining space between the YMCA and Franciscan Health, supporting a partnership dedicated to a continuum of care for our community
- Free injury checks from Franciscan for YMCA members
- Free valet parking for YMCA members during popular times of day
- Nature's Table café conveniently located inside the YMCA's lobby
Looking for the most vibrant and exciting downtown venue to host your next birthday party, meeting, team builder or conference? Look no further than the Irsay Family YMCA at CityWay!
We have rental options for every occasion; professional lunch and learns, private parties, family gatherings, Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops and non-profits. Our convenient downtown Indy location puts you close to nearby hotels and restaurants, so planning your meeting or event has never been easier!
Teaching Kitchen Rental Option
Would you like to treat friends and family to something unique for your next gathering or night out? Host your next event at the Irsay Family YMCA’s fully functional teaching kitchen. Features of our teaching kitchen space include:
- Seating for up to 20 participants, additional space available for add-on cost
- Home-style seating for dining
- Option to bring your own chef/dietitian or use the YMCA’s chef
- We’ll even take care of clean up!
Private Group Exercise Reservations
Bachelorette parties, team builders and meetings are more fun at the Y where you can treat your group to a private cycling, fit float or yoga class for fun ways to set your next event apart. Reserve our cycle studio or schedule a private Fit Float class to make your next event unforgettable.
Community Room Rental option (This room option is not available for birthday parties at this time)
We offer both a small conference room and a large community room option for rent.
- Room Capacity: 150 people
- Square Footage: 1608 sq. ft.
- Two movable coat racks
- An “L” shaped countertop for a food buffet.
- 10 round tables or 14 rectangle tables
- 45 chairs with arms
- 200 chairs without arms
- Video equipment
- We have an 80 inch TV that is capable of projecting video and slides wirelessly to the TV for presentation. We have a dongle available to project on the screen using your laptop. * You will need to bring your own laptop that has HDMI capabilities. If you are not sure if the HDMI port is compatible, please call to set a time to come and check. This Dongle does not work well with the new slim books. You will need to bring a projector just in case. We also have a HDMI cord that can attach directly to your laptop and our TV.
Additional room options include:
- First Floor Conference Room that sits 12 comfortably
- Second Floor Conference Room that sits 8
Swim/Birthday Party Options (Small Conference Room only)
Need a place for your child’s next birthday party? We can help with that, too! We offer birthday party space and access to our heated indoor pool no matter the time of year, which is sure to make your child’s birthday one to remember.
- Limit 14 people per party
- Available for birthday parties on Saturdays only
- Food and drink allowed
- Birthday Party Pool Etiquette
- Check in with a lifeguard prior to bringing you group to the pool
- A lifeguard will meet with your group in the family locker room to go over pool rules.
- All individuals that will be swimming must shower before getting in the water.
- Every child who wants to swim without a life jacket on must complete a swim test with a lifeguard.
- Adults must follow the following ratios of adults in the water to children in the water:
- 5yrs and under: 1:5
- 6yrs and older: 1:10
- Flotation devices must be coast guard approved. YMCA life jackets are available.
- Toys are permitted but must be used appropriately with other members’ consideration in mind.
- If leaving the pool area, please towel dry off and clothe completely when reentering the lobby and conference room areas.
Parking at the Irsay Family YMCA at CityWay:
If you are a member you may park in our YMCA lot during your event. Due to limited parking availability for our members, we ask that if you are NOT a member of the YMCA that you find parking on the street, which is free on the weekends and weeknights after 6pm, at the Lilly Visitors parking lot, or at the Alexander Hotel parking garage across the street from our building.