The Irsay Family YMCA at CityWay is the most recent addition to the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis Association. On opening day, December 15, 2015, it was named the YMCA at CityWay, but in September 2016, changed to the Irsay Family YMCA at CityWay, due to a generous donation from the Irsay family.
The center is 87,000 square feet and its three levels provide a modern, open and bright space for members to achieve their wellness goals. In addition, the Irsay Family Y provides a lap pool, a recreational pool, a sauna and whirlpool, more than 80 group exercise classes each week, an outdoor terrace, and an instructional teaching kitchen, just to name a few special amenities.
Located on the near southside of downtown Indianapolis at the corner of South and Delaware, the Irsay Family Y occupies a shared space location with Franciscan Health, offering the community easy access to health and wellness services across a continuum of care.
|Sunday||11:00am – 6:00pm|
|Monday - Friday||5:00am – 8:00pm |
Reduced Weekday Hours
|Saturday||7:00am – 7:00pm|
|Monday - Thursday||8:00am – 12:00pm |
4:00pm – 8:00pm
|Friday - Saturday||8:00am – 12:00pm|
|Sunday||12:00pm – 4:00pm|
|Monday - Friday||8:00am – 8:00pm|
|Saturday||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|Monday - Friday||8:00am – 5:00am|
|Monday||10:00am – 11:00am|
|Tuesday||6:00pm – 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:00am – 11:00am|
|Thursday||2:00pm – 3:00pm|
Center Holiday Schedules & Hours
- New Year's Day
New Year's Day (Wednesday, January 1, 2020): 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Easter (Sunday, April 12, 2020): Closed
- Memorial Day
Memorial Day (Monday, May 25, 2020): 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Independence Day
Independence Day (Saturday, July 4): 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Labor Day
Labor Day (Monday, September 7): 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 26): CLOSED
- Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve (Thursday, December 24): 5:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Christmas Day
Christmas Day (Friday, December 25): CLOSED
- New Year's Eve
New Year's Eve (Thursday, December 31): 5:00 am – 3:00 pm
- New Year's Day
New Year's Day (Saturday, January 1, 2021): 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 87,000 square-foot YMCA to serve our community
- State-of-the-art Wellness Center with strength & cardio equipment
- Gymnasiums with three full-sized courts for scheduled leagues and pick-up games
- Indoor, 25-yard, four-lane Lap Pool
- Indoor Warm Water Therapy/ Recreational Pool
- Sauna & Whirlpool
- Instructional Teaching Kitchen/ Demonstration Studio
- Indoor .10-mile Elevated Running Track with spectacular views of downtown Indy and Lucas Oil Stadium
- Aerobics & Multi-purpose Rooms
- Offices for “Top 10: Transforming Health in Central Indiana” initiative
- Large Education/Community Room
- Play & Learn Center to provide excellent care with play & learn opportunities for children while parents enjoy the rest of the Y
- Inter-denominational Chapel for prayer, quiet time and/or reflection
- Indiana’s largest indoor “Living Wall” featuring a 6×28 expanse of growing plants
- Roof Terrace with garden space and sustainable “green roof” technology
- Adjoining space between the YMCA and Franciscan Health, supporting a partnership dedicated to a continuum of care for our community
- Free injury checks from Franciscan for YMCA members
- Free valet parking for YMCA members during popular times of day
- Nature's Table café conveniently located inside the YMCA's lobby
Looking for the most vibrant and exciting downtown venue to host your next birthday party, meeting, team builder or conference? Look no further than the Irsay Family YMCA at CityWay!
We have rental options for every occasion; professional lunch and learns, private parties, family gatherings, Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops and non-profits. Our convenient downtown Indy location puts you close to nearby hotels and restaurants, so planning your meeting or event has never been easier!
Teaching Kitchen Rental Option
Would you like to treat friends and family to something unique for your next gathering or night out? Host your next event at the Irsay Family YMCA’s fully functional teaching kitchen. Features of our teaching kitchen space include:
- Seating for up to 20 participants, additional space available for add-on cost
- Home-style seating for dining
- Option to bring your own chef/dietitian or use the YMCA’s chef
- We’ll even take care of clean up!
Private Group Exercise Reservations
Bachelorette parties, team builders and meetings are more fun at the Y where you can treat your group to a private cycling, fit float or yoga class for fun ways to set your next event apart. Reserve our cycle studio or schedule a private Fit Float class to make your next event unforgettable.
Community Room Rental option (This room option is not available for birthday parties at this time)
We offer both a small conference room and a large community room option for rent.
- Room Capacity: 150 people
- Square Footage: 1608 sq. ft.
- Two movable coat racks
- An “L” shaped countertop for a food buffet.
- 10 round tables or 14 rectangle tables
- 45 chairs with arms
- 200 chairs without arms
- Video equipment
- We have an 80 inch TV that is capable of projecting video and slides wirelessly to the TV for presentation. We have a dongle available to project on the screen using your laptop. * You will need to bring your own laptop that has HDMI capabilities. If you are not sure if the HDMI port is compatible, please call to set a time to come and check. This Dongle does not work well with the new slim books. You will need to bring a projector just in case. We also have a HDMI cord that can attach directly to your laptop and our TV.
Additional room options include:
- First Floor Conference Room that sits 12 comfortably
- Second Floor Conference Room that sits 8
Swim/Birthday Party Options (Small Conference Room only)
Need a place for your child’s next birthday party? We can help with that, too! We offer birthday party space and access to our heated indoor pool no matter the time of year, which is sure to make your child’s birthday one to remember.
- Limit 14 people per party
- Available for birthday parties on Saturdays only
- Food and drink allowed
- Birthday Party Pool Etiquette
- Check in with a lifeguard prior to bringing you group to the pool
- A lifeguard will meet with your group in the family locker room to go over pool rules.
- All individuals that will be swimming must shower before getting in the water.
- Every child who wants to swim without a life jacket on must complete a swim test with a lifeguard.
- Adults must follow the following ratios of adults in the water to children in the water:
- 5yrs and under: 1:5
- 6yrs and older: 1:10
- Flotation devices must be coast guard approved. YMCA life jackets are available.
- Toys are permitted but must be used appropriately with other members’ consideration in mind.
- If leaving the pool area, please towel dry off and clothe completely when reentering the lobby and conference room areas.
Parking at the Irsay Family YMCA at CityWay:
If you are a member you may park in our YMCA lot during your event. Due to limited parking availability for our members, we ask that if you are NOT a member of the YMCA that you find parking on the street, which is free on the weekends and weeknights after 6pm, at the Lilly Visitors parking lot, or at the Alexander Hotel parking garage across the street from our building.
Room rentals require a $100 non-refundable deposit. Please contact Kim D’Angelo at 317.715.2104 or for teaching kitchen rentals or private class reservations, contact Mia Schulte at 317.715.2131.
THINK OF IT AS YOUR “WARM UP”
Parking options for the Irsay Family YMCA at CityWay
The Irsay Family YMCA can be a very popular place! Please see the map and additional information on available parking options for your convenience while using your YMCA. Please note that there is a strict 3 hour parking limit.
Eli Lilly Visitor Lot #98: Y members have access to Eli Lilly’s visitor parking lot at no charge during busy evenings and weekends.
Weeknights: FREE 4 – 10 p.m. Weekends: FREE during YMCA hours
Free Valet Parking: Did you know complimentary valet parking is also included in your YMCA membership? Valet is provided for free to Y members during the busy evenings to make your parking experience at the Irsay Family Y even easier.
Paid City Street Parking: Nearby metered street parking is also available. Charges may apply.
Parking is strictly prohibited in the marked Franciscan CityWay parking spaces to be respectful of patients of Franciscan.
During the week of August 17-21, the parking gates to the Irsay Family YMCA will be offline while new gates are installed. Members can still parking in the lot during this time.
Once this upgrade is completed, members of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis will be required to have their YMCA membership card in order utilize the Irsay Family YMCA parking lot. Validation tickets will no longer be given out. A membership card will be required for free parking.
How to use the Irsay Family Y parking lot:
- Scan your YMCA of Greater Indianapolis membership card at the parking lot entrance gate.
- Scan your membership card at the hospitality desk inside the Irsay Family YMCA.
- Scan your membership card at the parking lot exit gate. Failure to complete with step will result in parking charges.
The YMCA parking lot is meant for Y members while using the Irsay Family YMCA. This new process will allow us to better protect the integrity of the parking lot and allow for only those actively using the YMCA to park in the lot rather than using parking spots for other activities and events downtown.
We ask all members to make sure they have an active YMCA membership card. For ease of use, we recommend adding your YMCA membership card to the YMCA WTN app for Apple or Android, MINDBODY app for Apple or Android or another keycard app on your smartphone. If you need a replacement card, please visit the member services desk: Monday -Friday from 8 AM – 8 PM, Saturday from 8 AM – 4 PM or Sunday from Noon – 4 PM with a valid photo ID to obtain a replacement card.
YMCA WTN App
YMCA Nationwide members and YMCA guests:
Due to the limitations set in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, guest pass sales and redemption and Nationwide Membership access are temporarily suspended. Please continue to check the YMCA’s Reopening Guide for updates.
PARKING OPTIONS FOR YOUR OTHER DOWNTOWN YMCAs
We know you love having convenient access to 3 Downtown Indy YMCAs. Please read on to learn more about the parking options available at the other Downtown YMCA locations.
Parking options for the YMCA at the Athenaeum
Your parking experience at the YMCA at the Athenaeum is important to us and we want to make you aware of temporary changes to our parking. Starting Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020 the parking lot on the east side of the YMCA at the Athenaeum will be closed for approximately 18 months for the construction of an exciting new development project. The current surface lot owned by the Athenaeum Foundation is closed for the construction. When finished, the YMCA will have designated parking in the new garage.
Alternative parking options for YMCA members
During construction, free three-hour parking will be available to YMCA while using the YMCA at the Athenaeum facility. This parking option is located in the Old National Centre North lot directly behind the English Foundation building just two blocks away. A specialty YMCA parking tag will be needed before parking in this lot and can be collected at the member services desk of the YMCA at the Athenaeum.
There are also several nearby parking options for members and guests coming to the YMCA. Please see below for a list of nearby parking options and their locations.
Nearby Parking Lots and Indoor Garages:
Nearby Metered Street Parking:
– E. Michigan St., including across the street from the Y at the Athenaeum
– N. New Jersey St.
– Mass Ave.
– N. East St.
Parking options for the YMCA at the City Market
Parking is available at the Market District Garage located at 101 N. New Jersey St., Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Enter the garage from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. via East Street or New Jersey Street
- Pull a white ticket from the machine as you enter, leave that in your car
- All spots that do not have a yellow Artistry tag are available
- Please request a parking voucher when leaving the YMCA at the City Market *Voucher is good for two (2) hours
- Place the voucher and the white ticket in the machine as you leave the garage
- There is a well-lit walkway on Market Street that leads to the YMCA at the City Market (Alabama St. and Market St.)