Movie nights, campouts, rodeos and picnics keep summer fun alive when school starts
It’s about that time to go from the pool back to school. While summer may be ending, your fun at the Y doesn’t have to. Check out these events to keep your health and social life right on track when the kids go back to school.
Celebrate School & Safety
- July 21 – The first 200 school-aged guests at the Back to School Celebration at the Benjamin Harrison YMCA will receive free school supplies. Kids can preview the Y’s fall programs. Mike’s Ice will be there, too.
- July 21 – Learn about the Ransburg YMCA’s preschool program at the Early Learning Center Open House and Parent Orientation. We’ll waive the registration fee if you sign up during the event! Registration is now open for all Y Preschool programs.
- July 28 – Enjoy school supplies giveaways, free haircuts for boys, hair accessory giveaways for the girls, food, bounce houses and more at the Back to School and Safety Fest presented by the Pike Township Fire Department, Schools and the Pike YMCA.
- Sept. 14 – Children ages four and up can learn how to safely ride bikes, adapted bikes, wheelchairs, scooters and skateboards at the Baxter YMCA Bike Rodeo.
- First day of school – Registration for Before and After School Care in your school district is open! Don’t fret about who will take care of your child when you’re at work, the Y is here to help.
- Aug. 11 – Fall sports will kick off soon. Kids can try out new sports and grab a snack and other goodies at free Sports Picnics & Tailgates at Ys across Central Indiana.
- Sept. 3 – Cool off at outdoor pools at the Y through Labor Day weekend. Check local Y listings for times and dates. Keep splashing at the Y’s indoor pools all year-round.
- Sept. 8 – Have you heard of Beep Baseball, Wheelchair Lacrosse and Power Soccer? See them in action and try them out yourself at the first-ever Adaptive Sports Expo at the Fishers YMCA proudly presented in partnership with Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana.
Campout with the Y
Don’t let the fun of summer camp slip away. Keep it going this fall.
- Aug. 25 – Enjoy the ultimate family fun with a NFL football game, movie night and family sleepover at the very first Sleepover at Lucas Oil Stadium! Sign up now, and the Colts will donate $5 of each registration to the Irsay Family Y’s Annual Campaign.
- Sept. 14 – Bring a tent and your family to Family Campouts at the Hendrick’s Regional Health YMCA and the leave the rest to us.
- Sept. 28 – 30 – Flat Rock River Camp YMCA is calling on all fathers and sons to spend a weekend at camp. Join us for Father Son Weekend, and enjoy a variety of activities to choose from such as archery, rock climbing, fishing and more!
- Oct. 12 – 14 – While the Labor Day Weekend Camp at Flat Rock River Camp YMCA is SOLD OUT, there are still plenty of openings for the popular Fall Family Camp. Featured in Budget Traveler Magazine, the alpine tower, capture the flag, kayaking and canoeing, tie-dye and more will keep your family having fun in the great outdoors this fall.
Summer’s not over yet!
Check out some interesting events that they Y still has planned for this summer, or head over to our full schedule for repeat events your family might enjoy such as kids night out, parents night out and movie nights!