Pool parties, slip-n-slides, boat races!
Try something new and make lasting memories at these out-of-the-ordinary summer events and games. To start, the first day of the 2nd Summer Session of Y sports, classes and leagues and the last day to register on July 16. These are open to everyone who wants to have fun and be active.
Summer will wind down, but Y sports and events never do. These events will take you from the pool back to school!
- Aug. 4 – The Irsay Family YMCA will host a friendly regional competition at the 3 vs. 3 Adult and Youth Wiffle Ball Tournament. Teams must register by July 30.
- Aug. 11 – Avondale Meadows YMCA is turning 5! Come out and celebrate during Avondale Meadows YMCA Community Day presented by Tom Wood. This day full of fun and celebration will include free food, bounce houses and more entertainment.
- Aug. 17 – Teams of five can combine work with fun at the Corporate Challenge Dodgeball Tournament at the Irsay Family YMCA.
- Aug. 3 & Sept. 7 – End the work week with a fun workout at the last two Free Fitness Fridays at the YMCA at the City Market.
- Aug. 25 – A Critter’s Chance will bring adoptable, furry friends to hop around at Bunny Yoga at the YMCA at the City Market.
The Y has so many more events just for you, check them out anytime on the YMCA Calendar of Events!
Slip-n-Slides, Kickball, Boats & Bashes
Have you been wanting to try something new? The Y has events coming up that are a bit different than what you might expect. First, we’re throwing a few pool parties to make sure you get your time in the sun.
- July 17 – The Ransburg YMCA Summer Pool Party features the annual Ransburg Regatta boat races. Partygoers will enjoy home-made cardboard boat races, lip sync competitions and get dinner!
- July 21 – The Witham Family YMCA is taking the schoolyard classic kickball and adding a cool summer twist in the first-ever Slip-N-Slide kickball event.
- July 23 – Adults looking for fun can head to Think and Drink Trivia Night at Sun King Brewing. Put your knowledge to the test while enjoying a drink for good. A dollar from every pint will go to the YMCA at the Athenaeum’s Annual Campaign.
- July 23 – 27 – Get ready for basketball season with the Pacers Basketball Camp at Jordan YMCA. Learn tips and tricks to improve your game from your favorite college and professional basketball players all week long!
- July 27 – Say goodbye to summer at the Hendrick’s Regional Health YMCA’s End of Summer Bash. Have fun with Giant Jenga & Mancala, Gaga Ball, water balloons, summer snacks and more.
- July 27 & 28 – The cardboard village is returning to Ransburg YMCA for a second year. Grab your markers, tape and scissors to construct your very own cardboard dream home and hang out in this nifty village neighborhood.